Notification of Changes:
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect information about you when you visit our Sites or use our Services, including the following:
- Registration and use information – When you register to use our Services by creating an Account, we will collect Personal Data as vital to offer and fulfill the Services you request. The information we require may vary, depending on the service you use: your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and identification information to establish an Account. We may require you to provide us with additional Data: Corporate details and incorporation documents, information about shareholders and Ultimate Beneficial owners, transaction history, detailed description of your business, nature of funds etc.
- Transaction and usage information – When using our Services or Services available through Niko Technologies web site or its subsidiaries, for example, to make purchases from merchants, to receive money, to process payments, we collect information about the transaction, as well as other information associated with the transaction such as amount sent or requested, amount paid for products or services, merchant information, including information about any funding instruments used to complete the transaction, Device Information, Technical Usage Data, and Geolocation Information. We strictly follow AML and CFT Policies and the information about transactions is vital.
- Participant information – When using our Services or Services available through Niko Technologies web site or its subsidiaries, we collect Personal Data you provide us about the other participants associated with the transaction.
- Send or request funds: When you send or request funds (crypto currencies or fiat) through the Services, we collect Personal Data: name, postal address, telephone number, and financial account information about the participant who is receiving money from you or sending money to you. The extent of Personal Data required about a participant may vary depending on the Services you are using.
- Pay or request someone else to pay a bill: If you use Services provided by Niko Technologies OU or through its subsidiaries to pay a bill for the benefit of someone else, or if you request a User to pay a bill for you, we collect Personal Data from you about the account holder such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, and account number of the bill that you intend to pay or request to be paid.
- Information about your friends and contacts – This is subject for future implementation. In case Elegro or any product of Niko Technologies OU or its subsidiaries implement a Contact feature in its products, It may be easier for us to help you transact with your friends and contacts if you provide Personal Data such as name, email address and telephone number about your friends and contacts while using a Service or if you connect your contact list or friend list to your Account. If you choose to connect your contact list information on your device with your Account and/or establish an account connection between a social media platform and your Account, we will collect and use your contact list or friend list information to improve your experience when you use the Solutions.
- Information about you from third-party sources – We obtain information from third-party sources such as merchants, data providers, and credit bureaus, where permitted by law.
- Other information we collect related to your use of our Sites or Services – We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams or respond to a survey.
WHY DO WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA
HOW DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
We may Process your information for the following reasons:
To operate the Sites and provide the Services, including to:
- Initiate a payment, send or request money, add value to an account, or pay a bill;
- Authenticate your access to an Account;
- Communicate with you about your Account, the Sites, the Services, or Elegro;
- Create an account connection between your Account and a third-party account or platform;
- Perform, evaluate applications, and compare information for accuracy and verification purposes.
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the Services and the Sites’ performance and functionality. For example, we analyze User behavior and perform research about the way you use our Services.
- To manage risk and protect the Sites, the Services and you from fraud by verifying your identity, and helping to detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Sites or Services.
- To market to you by delivering marketing materials about Elegro products and online Services and the products and services of unaffiliated businesses. We may also Process your Personal Data to tailor certain Services or Site experiences to better match our understanding of your interests.
- To provide you with location-specific options, functionality or offers if you elect to share your Geolocation Information through the Services. We will use this information to enhance the security of the Sites and Services and provide you with location-based Services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
- To comply with our obligations and to enforce the terms of our Sites and Services, including to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- To make it easier for you to find and connect with others, we may use your information you have shared with the Service to suggest connections between you and people you may know. For example, we may associate information that we learn about you through your and your contacts’ use of the Services, and information you and others provide to suggest people you may know or may want to transact with through our Services. Social functionality and features designed to simplify your use of the Services with others vary by Service.
To respond to your requests for example to contact you about a question you submitted to our customer service team.
SHARE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share your Personal Data or other information for the following reasons:
- With other members of the Niko Technologies corporate family: We may share your Personal Data with members of the Niko Technologies family of entities to, among other things, provide the Services you have requested or authorized; to manage risk; to help detect and prevent potentially illegal and fraudulent acts and other violations of our policies and agreements; and to help us manage the availability and connectivity of Niko Technologies products, Services, and communications.
- With other companies that provide services to us: We may share Personal Data with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf. These third-party service providers may, for example, provide you with Services, verify your identity, assist in processing transactions, send you advertisements for our products and Services, or provide customer support.
- With other financial institutions that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product or service: We may share Personal Data with other financial institutions that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product, such as with Acquiring bank partners in connection with the Niko Technologies OU or its subsidiaries. These financial institutions may only use this information to market and offer Niko Technologies-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses.
With the other parties to transactions when you use the Services, such as other Users, merchants, and their service providers: We may share information with the other participants to your transactions, including other Users you are sending or receiving funds from, and merchants or their service providers when you use the Services to pay for goods or services. The information includes:
- Personal Data necessary to facilitate the transaction;
- Information to help other participant(s) resolve disputes and detect and prevent fraud;
- Aggregated data and performance analytics to help merchants better understand Users and to help merchants enhance Users’ experiences.
With other third parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law: We may share information about you with other parties for Niko Technologies’s business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- If we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations;
- Law enforcement, regulators, government officials, or other third parties (in Singapore or elsewhere) in relation to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement under laws and regulations of different jurisdictions that are applicable to Niko Technologies OU, or one of its subsidiaries; when we need to do so to comply with such law or credit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; or to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of a user agreement;
- To protect the vital interests of a person;
- To protect our property, Services and legal rights;
- To facilitate a purchase or sale of all or part of Niko Technologies’s business;
- In connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using a Service;
- To help assess and manage risk and prevent fraud against us, our Users and fraud involving our Sites or use of our Services, including fraud that occurs at or involves our business partners, strategic ventures, or other individuals and merchants;
- To banking partners as required by card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants;
- To credit reporting and collection agencies;
- To companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by;
- To support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- With your consent: We also will share your Personal Data and other information with your consent or direction, including if you authorize an account connection with a third-party account or platform.
In addition, Niko Technologies OU, may provide aggregated statistical data to third-parties, including other businesses and members of the public, about how, when, and why Users visit our Sites and use our Services. This data will not personally identify you or provide information about your use of the Sites or Services. We do not share your Personal Data with third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
HOW DO WE WORK WITH THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS AND OTHER SERVICES
- Linking your Account to a social media account or social messaging service;
- Connecting your Account to a third-party data aggregation or financial services company, if you provide such company with your Account log-in credentials; or
- Using your Account to make payments to a merchant or allowing a merchant to charge your Account.
Information that we share with a third-party based on an account connection will be used and disclosed in accordance with the third-party’s privacy practices. Before authorizing an account connection, you should review the privacy notice of any third-party that will gain access to your Personal Data as part of the account connection. For example, Personal Data that Elegro shares with a third-party account or platform such as a social media account may in turn be shared with certain other parties, including the general public, depending on the account’s or platform’s privacy practices.
Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third-parties. We do not respond to DNT signals.
You may check our Cookies Policy for more details.
PRIVACY CHOICES AVAILABLE TO YOU
Choices Relating to the Personal Data We Collect
- Personal Data. You may decline to provide Personal Data when it is requested by Elegro or related products, but certain Services or all of the Services may be unavailable to you.
- Location and other device-level information. The device you use to access the Sites or Services may collect information about you, including Geolocation Information and User usage data that Elegro may then collect and use. For information about your ability to restrict the collection and use of such information, please use the settings available in the device.
Choices Relating to Our Use of Your Personal Data
- Personalized Services offered by Niko Technologies OU through Elegro or related products on third-party websites and services. You may manage your preferences for other Niko Technologies Services that are personalized and offered to you on third-party websites from your Account. We may also provide you with instructions and prompts on how to manage your preferences within the Service experience.
- Finding and connecting with others. If available, you may manage your preferences for finding and connecting with others from your account of the Service you use.
Choices Relating to Account Connections
- If you authorize an account connection to a third-party account or platform, such as a social media account, you may be able to manage your connection preferences from your Account or the third-party account or platform. Please refer to the privacy notice that governs the third-party platform for more information on the choices you may have.
Choices Relating to Cookies
- You may have options available to manage your cookies preferences. For example, your browser or internet device may allow you to delete, disable, or block certain cookies and other tracking technologies. You can learn more by visiting AboutCookies.org. You may choose to enable these options, but doing so may prevent you from using many of the core features and functions available on a Service or Site.
Choices Relating to Your Registration and Account Information
If you have an Account, you generally may review and edit Personal Data by logging in and updating the information directly or by contacting us. Contact us if you do not have an Account or if you have questions about your Account information or other Personal Data.
Choices Relating to Communication:
Notices, Alerts and Updates from Us:
- Marketing: We may send you marketing content about our Sites, Services, products, products we jointly offer with financial institutions, as well as the products and services of unaffiliated third parties and members of the Niko Technologies OU, or its subsidiaries through various communication channels, for example, email, text, pop-ups, push notifications, and messaging applications. You may opt out of these marketing communications by following the instructions in the communications you receive. If you have an Account with us, you may also adjust your communication preferences in your Account settings. For messages sent via push notifications, you may manage your preferences in your device.
- Informational and Other: We will send communications to you that are required or necessary to send to Users of our Services, notifications that contain important information and other communications that you request from us. You may not opt out of receiving these communications. However, you may be able to adjust the media and format through which you receive these notices.
PROTECTION OF YOUR DATA
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and Services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password(s) and Account/profile registration information and verifying that the Personal Data we maintain about you is accurate and current. We are not responsible for protecting any Personal Data that we share with a third-party based on an account connection that you have authorized.
USE OF OUR SERVICES FOR MINORS
The Sites and Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information, including Personal Data, from children or other individuals who are not legally able to use our Sites and Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 13.
If the revised version includes a substantial change, we will provide you with 30 days prior notice by posting notice of the change on the “Policy Update” page of our website. We also may notify Users of the change using email or other means.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA